Tips to help you keep your world organized
Well folks, the summer is over and across the country kids are going back to school. Before you know it, the days will be getting shorter and the sunny beach vacations will be just memories. For many people, it's time to get serious about their job search and organized in order to keep their days running smoothly. For me, at least, it always takes a month or two to get back into the swing of things. The first few weeks of homework, deadlines and carpools can be overwhelming.
If you're struggling to get organized and make little things easier, here are the best 10 life hacks that can help you save time. Although they might not change your life, I hope that you'll find at least one or two of them helpful.
- Dealing with people who don't like you - If you have a co-worker, classmate or anyone who you think just doesn't like you, try asking them for a small favor like borrowing a pencil. It's a proven psychological phenomena that when people help you they end up liking you more.
- Not sure if someone is interested in what you're saying? - If you find yourself talking to someone at a networking event or interview and you aren't sure if they are interested, try folding your arms and watch to see if they do the same. When you're engaged in a conversation, without realizing it, you will mimic the speaker's body language.
- Want to share a specific moment of a YouTube video? - This is a nifty trick when you want to share a video with someone but don't want them to have to watch the entire thing to get to the relevant part, all you have to do is right click on the video and select "Copy video url at current time". Then when you share the link, it will go straight to that part.
- Trying to save money - If you try to adopt a cash only policy and avoid paying for routine expenses with plastic, you're much less likely to buy impulse items. Plastic money can often feel imaginary and it's easier to splurge.
- Have trouble finding things? - If you spend a lot of time looking for something, when you are done with it, put it in the first place you looked for it.
- Always running late? - This one really helped me. Start a new policy of arriving 10 minutes early for everything, that way, when you run a few minutes late, it won't matter as much and you won't have to stress so much about being late.
- Forget where you parked in a parking garage? - Whenever I park at a parking garage, I use my phone to take a picture of the nearest sign. Then, when I'm ready to go, I can just look at the picture and see which section I parked in. This tip eliminates the need the worry about forgetting where you parked.
Everyone has little tips and tricks that can help save time, save money or just make things easier. What are you favorite tips? Please share your ideas in the comments.
By Melissa Kennedy- Melissa is a 9 year blog veteran and a freelance writer for LogisticsJobsiteBlog and Nexxt, along with helping others find the job of their dreams, she enjoys computer geekery, raising a teenager, supporting her local library, writing about herself in the third person and working on her next novel.