As the season changes and the weather turns cool and rainy it’s easy to feel like you’re slipping into a job seeking slump. It may sound too simple but you can help keep your motivation up with a roll of scotch tape. Like Lea Michele’s character Rachel on the popular TV series Glee, you can post pictures and quotes around your place to help remind you of what you want and what you need to get it.
From Coach Klein in The Waterboy to Sigmund Freud, the psychology of visualization is a proven method for achievement. If there is a house you would like to buy or sell, tape a picture of it on your bathroom mirror. Look at it as you brush your teeth and imagine yourself achieving your goal. Like Paul J. Meyer said, "Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon must inevitably come to pass!"
You can also combat the naysayers around you by slipping yourself votes of confidence in the form of motivational quotes taped to everyday objects with which you interact. Tape one to your refrigerator, another to your wallet, add one on your car visor or anywhere you might catch a glimpse when feeling down.
Here are 14 fantastic quotes to get you going:
- “One important key to success is self confidence. An important key to self confidence is preparation.” - Arthur Ashe
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” - Thomas Edison
- "There is no one giant step that does it. It's a lot of little steps." - Peter A. Cohen
- "In order to succeed you must fail so that you know what not to do the next time." - Anthony J. D'Angelo
- "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." - Les Brown
- "You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you." - Brian Tracy
- "The fact that you have been knocked down is interesting, but the length of time you remain down is important." - Austin O'Malley
- "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and will always solve the problems of the human race." - Calvin Coolidge
- “The results you achieve will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply.” - Dennis Waitley
- "Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible." - Francis of Assisi
- “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” - Thomas Jefferson
- "Don't be afraid to go out on a limb. That's where the fruit is." - H. Jackson Browne
- “Don't wait for your feelings to change to take the action. Take the action and your feelings will change." - Barbara Baron
- "An obstacle may be either a stepping stone or a stumbling block." -Unknown
Don’t let the change in temperature cool your job search momentum. Keep up the pace with clear goals, a good attitude and invisible tape. However, seasonal depression is a very real thing and if the blues are getting the better of you take time to talk to someone about how you are feeling.
By Heather Fairchild - Heather is a multimedia developer with experience in web, film, photography and animation as well as traditional fine arts like painting and sculpting. In addition to writing for RealestateJobSiteBlog.com, she is co-founder of design and promotion company. Heather’s spare time consists of making puppets, teaching Sunday School, building Legos and doing science experiments with her children.