Attention all Human Resources Managers. Robert Half is working with a growing client to a hire a new Human Resources Manager. The HR Manager is responsible for overseeing personnel and daily operations of the human resources department. If you thrive in a dynamic work environment that requires the ability to balance multiple responsibilities, this may be the role for you.
Primary Role Expectations
· Provide HR support and consultation to the business; answering employee and manager questions about HR programs, policies, and other HR-related items (employee handbook, performance, compensation, career development, etc.).
· Responsible for the development, implementation and administration of company policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with all Federal and State employment laws.
· Assist with scheduling and planning a variety of Company events, including Annual Safety Seminar, Christmas Party, Picnic, CPR/First Aid Classes, etc.
· Responsible for the communication and administration of company benefit programs such as health, dental and life insurance, short and long term disability plans, 401(k) plan, PTO programs and leaves of absence.
· Answer phones and great guests in office as needed.
· In partnership with leadership, identify recruiting strategy to meet organizational demands. Responsible for creating and maintaining job descriptions, scheduling interviews, conducting pre-employment checks, and new hire onboarding.
· Coordinate with Mercantile Bank Isolved payroll service to timely and accurately process payroll. Maintain all HR and payroll-related data, proactively identifying improvement opportunities.
o Prepare accounting reports and reconciliations related to all payroll & HR functions.
o Review, process and post payroll related job cost expenses to ERP system.
o Create and maintain personnel and benefits files for all employees.
· In partnership with management, assist with company safety and health programs, including OSHA and Workers' Compensation administration and compliance.
o Administer weekly Toolbox Talk program.
o Coordinate and participate in quarterly Safety Committee meetings.
o Update and maintain Field Safety Manual.
o Maintain and summarize all safety, accident, near miss, injury/illness, and lost/stolen information and distribute as needed.
· Manage and train employees on employee expense reporting, time entry, employee self-service, and scheduling system applications.
· 5+ years human resources management experience
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with leadership as well as being a trusted resource for all employees
· Knowledge of all Federal and State employment laws
· Ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality when handling complex, specialized, and sensitive issues
· Proficient with Office Productivity Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), experience working with payroll and HRIS systems
· Valid driver's license to operate personal and company vehicle
Apply below or contact Tracie Howe @ ~~~
Robert Half is the world's first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (~~~) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit ~~~/ for more information.