Overview: CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community. Responsibilities POSITION SUMMARY: The registered nurse plans and provides professional nursing care to the patient from admission to discharge. He/She coordinates care with other disciplines, consults with the family or significant others and collaborates with the physician on the patient's behalf. The RN assesses, implements and evaluates nursing care. The RN is responsible for supervision of PCTs and Support Associates. The OB Staff Nurse specializes in the care of antepartal, intrapartal, and postpartal patients, newborns, and their families. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: * Meets all requirements of Medical/Surgical/Pediatric Staff Nurse
* Assesses antepartal, intrapartal, and postpartal patients for risk factors, normal progress, and symptoms of problems.
* Demonstrates appropriate management of the normal newborn.
* Uses respectful family dynamics and processes in providing individualized patient care.
* Appropriately assesses and follows up on fetal heart rate monitoring.
* Manages obstetrical emergencies in a calm and efficient manner.
* Uses the computer system, documentation and orders, efficiently.
* Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
* Demonstrates appropriate attitude and interest in work by maintaining acceptable work habits and behaviors.
* Demonstrates commitment to customer service. Qualifications EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. EXPERIENCE: One year acute care nursing experience. Prior OB experience preferred. LICENSURE: Current license as a Registered Nurse from the State of Iowa required. QUALIFICATIONS: * Understands and is able to apply the nursing process while meeting established Nursing Standards.
* Must be able to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English.
* The OB Staff Nurse maintains well developed skills for assessing the physical and psychosocial needs of expectant parents, families and newborns.
* Maintains BCLS certification at health care provider level.
* Completion of ACLS and NRP required within six months of employment.
* Basic fetal monitoring course within six months of employment. CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.