CDM Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with previous experience managing road/highway design projects for the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) to join and help lead our growing greater Michigan Transportation group. In this position, you will manage complex transportation road/highway design projects for major transportation agencies in MI. You will lead multi-disciplined project teams, develop the scope and budget for transportation projects, assist with marketing and business development activities, and serve as a leader in our MI Transportation Group.
For more information about our Project Management roles, tools and culture, please visit this website ~~~.
As a leader in our program, you will serve our clients and deliver on exciting opportunities by:
•Serving as the Senior Project Manager for major highway & road transportation design projects.
• Working with current staff to enhance our transportation services capabilities.
• Mentoring staff and helping to expand our transportation design and program management practice in the MI market.
• Leading the development of project scopes, schedules, and budgets, and monitoring and controlling project performance.
• Performing Quality Control/Quality Assurance of key deliverables related to transportation projects managed by others.
• Implementing CDM Smith's quality procedures throughout the project lifecycle.
• Assisting with marketing and business development efforts to further expand our client base and project opportunities with MDOT.
Senior Project Manger - Transportation Services
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 13 years of related experience.
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Michigan Professional Engineering (PE) license, highly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in civil, structural, transportation engineering, or related degree.
• Previous experience managing and designing MDOT road and/or highway design projects including experience in OpenRoads Design and 3D modelling.
• Previous experience in performing hydraulics and designs related to MDOT tasks 3520 and 3522
• Previous experience in complex roadway design
• Previous experience assisting with the proposal process and presenting/meeting with transportation clients.
• Previous Open Road Design (ORD) experience.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (~~~)
Join Us! CDM Smith - where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it's a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
Michigan - Lansing
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Possesses deep knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities.
• Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients.
• Ability to interact with many people, and process a large volume of requests as necessary.
• Excellent personal computer skills including expert knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
• Demonstrates superior organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as "CDM Smith") reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as "CDM Smith") are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.