Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at ~~~, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Senior Engineer position requires a high degree of technical and coding competencies while providing support to various Lumen organizations. This position assumes ownership and accountability in areas of recognized coding expertise and provides leadership, guidance, and assistance across different segments. Principle work includes identifying ways to improve Network Reliability and Customer Satisfaction with knowledge of Voice & Transport networks. This position will also mentor engineer peers.
The Main Responsibilities
• Provide expert technical guidance, direction, and support for all Access Transport (Digital Loop Carriers, Pair Gains, etc.) technology to both external customers and internal departments
• Analyze and troubleshoot Access Transport issues/outages to resolution while sharing documentation resources for all supported entities.
• Communicate technology issues to leadership in clear and understandable terms
• Respond to escalated issues and provides technical support for the designated technical functions (e.g., Engineers, NOC, Field Operations, etc.) as necessary
• Continuously evaluate interfaces with other departments, divisions, and the efficiency and effectiveness of workflow between areas of responsibility
• Maintain network documentation as required
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Bachelor's degree plus 5+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Expert understanding and troubleshooting experience with the following hardware/software currently deployed in the Lumen network:
o Lucent DDM-2000, SLC-96/2000, Alcatel Litespan 2000, Marconi DISC*s, Adtran 6100, MX2820, and other Access Transport equipment.
• Proficient understanding and experience with web-based tools or applications such as EMS, Telnet, RFM, and other remote access methods.
• Intuitive understanding of T-1, OC3, OC12, DS1, and POTs/Voice services
• Experience with isolation of telecom and/or network outage causes and service restorations
• Proficient PC skills in office applications and network connectivity configuration
• Proficient presentation skills for presentations to technical and non-technical audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts to non-technical entities.
• Must be available 24/7 for outages and maintenance window work.
• Strong communication (oral and written), customer service, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Experience/knowledge in Turn-up, Testing, and Analysis of copper transport services, DLC systems, Pair Gain, and other transport technologies
• Skill in interfacing with lower-level engineers and technicians and providing expert guidance and direction for technical issues
• Scripting or programming knowledge
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 308191
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (~~~) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (~~~)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.